Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Candy Fairy

With all the Halloween fun this year, we were left with an abundance of candy in the house over the weekend. I really didn't want the boys (or myself) veggin' on junk all day and knew I had to do something about it, but didn't know quite what to do until I read this on my friends blog. So Sunday I had a talk with Devan and told him it's ok to eat a little candy every once in awhile, but eating to much would make his teeth and belly hurt (he suprisingly understood). I then went on to tell him about a place called Candy Land, a place where the fairies use candy for money. I told him if he would leave his candy out for the Candy Fairy to bring back to her home, she would in turn leave him some money to buy a new toy. Devan agreed this would be a good idea. Monday morning we set off to buy him and Tristan a new toy. Usually when we pass by the candy aisle Devan begs for a treat, but he didn't say a word this time. We picked out a helicopter for Devan and a truck for Tristan and that was that.

5 comments:

Trainer Momma said...

The Candy Fairy came to our house too! It works like a charm...

{ Lana Cox } said...

Haha, I got the idea from you! I linked ya!!

lauren said...

Awesome idea, Lana!!! Too bad our candy didn't last long enough to think of something like that. Oh well...ten pounds shouldn't take TOO long to lose, right? hahaha :)

Seth and Natalie said...

That's pretty smart. I just hide it in my room until my kid forgets about it. Then, after my hubby picks through all the good stuff it goes in the trash. Your way is better.

~Our Family~ said...

What a GREAT idea!!! I'm gonna have to do the same next year, when Kylar understands a little more.