Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cruise, Christmas, New Year


Long time, no post! December was a busy busy, but very fun month. On the 10th we took off to Houston, and left the next day for a 7 day cruise. My Mom, Iwalani, Bruce, and Grandma Paquette were all able to join us. It was so fun to spend some time with family around the holiday season.

We had a little bit of a scare while we were checking in. Chad had left his passport in his checked luggage. Without it he wouldn't be able to board the ship! I am so thankful for good friends. One of our friends came to our house and found his birth certificate and had it faxed over to us. We were seriously down to the last minute of boarding. I don't know how Chad stays so calm in those situations, but I was a wreck. He said, "It's ok Lana, you guys just go and have fun, I'll drive home, and come pick you up when you get back." haha, I'm glad things didn't end up that way!!

The first couple days we just cruised, found our way around the boat, and ate to much. Our first stop was Cozumel. We didn't plan any excursions there, but me, my mom, and Devan got off the boat for awhile to check things out. There wasn't a whole lot to see right off the boat, but I did buy a Nacho Libre mask for the boys ;)

The second stop was Grand Cayman. We went to 7 mile beach there and it was beautiful. The weather was perfect and the boys had a blast!

The last stop was Jamaica. At the port they had a really developed, quite touristy area, with some shopping. We took the boys on a pirate excursion which was a lot of fun. They took us out on a pirate boat, sailed off, performed a show, had an encounter with some other pirates, took the kids on a treasure hunt, and had a little lunch. We all had a lot of fun.

Other than those stops we enjoyed our time at the ice skating rink, swim pool, different shows, and having the boys try new foods (Devan had escargo). Devan said his favorite part of the cruise was ice skating, who would have thought! We really enjoyed having the boys with us, so much in fact, that they didn't got to the kids club until the very last day. There wasn't much going on that day so we took them there and they had a great time, and ended going back that evening!

When we got home it was hard to get back into the swing of everyday life. I got a little to used to being waited on! We had made Christmas Eve plans with a group of friends, but had to cancel when Chad and Tristan got sick. Poor Tristan had a stomach bug that night, but thankfully he was doing much better by morning. We ended up having a nice quiet Christmas at our house. It was fun, like always, watching the boys open their gifts. (pictures to come... someday.)

New Years Eve we took the boys fishing. They got poles for Christmas and were excited to use them. We drove to Blanco State Park which is about 45 minutes north of San Antonio. They dam off the river there and stock it with trout. Also in Texas you can fish for free in State Parks. We didn't catch anything, but it was still a lot of fun, and cool to visit a new place. That evening our friends came over and played games. We played a fun one called "Ticket to Ride". (pictures to come... someday.)

Devan started school again on the 2nd. Although it's nice to get back onto a schedule, I was a bit sad to have him go again.

Tomorrow Brenan turns 1! I want it to be a happy day, but tonight I just feel sad about it :( That Mariah Carey song "Always Be My Baby" keeps playing through my head, haha. He's been such a fun, loving, snuggly baby I would be ok keeping him like that forever. Does he have to grow up?

2 comments:

lauren said...

Jake and I are so jealous of the cruise. Jake's got the cruise bug lately so I have to remind him that normally they make people PAY to go on those. :)

Glad you had fun on the cruise and had a great Christmas!

Bree said...

Love love the pictures!!! Looks like you had a blast--how could you not!! I'm so jealous! :) I can't believe the passport story--I would have flipped out!!! Yay for good friends! Love and miss you guys lots!!