Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Brownie Points

Two people won Brownie Points with me today...

#1 Devan-- I actually had a rough start with him today, but it ended up all worth it. We went out running errands and he had missed his nap so he was kind of in a rotten mood. He had a complete melt down at old navy, and the post office was a nightmare. I called Chad afterwards and told him, I would rather go through labor again than take both the boys to the post office with me again. However, after the post office we went to Target. Inside the Target is a Starbucks and we were in desperate need of something to quench our thirst (dang this San Antonio weather). Anyway, while we were waiting for our drinks Devan leaned over to me from the cart, gave me a big ole' bear hug and said, "I love you soooo much mommy." Not to mention, in the absolute sweetest voice I've ever heard. I just melted.

#2 Boy from my cubscout pack-- This was just one of those little things that help your evening go better. I went to scouts tonight looking pretty crazy. I didn't have makeup on and my hair was in a scraggly ponytail (well, some of it was, most of it had fallen out by this point) Anyway, one of the scouts walked in and goes, you did something different with your hair huh. I was like well, I didn't really do anything with my hair. And he goes, oh, Well, it looks very nice. Yep, he earned an extra treat :-)

3 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

Good thing our kids really do love us or they would be permanant stinkers. Their little acts of kindness make up for being out of control most of the time.

Bree said...

Oh man, Avri is a nightmare running errands these days...it is a good thing they have their sweet moments too, huh! I love that your scout thought your messy ponytail looked nice--what a cute kid!! Hope Chad had a great birthday!!! :)

Michelle said...

Why is the Post Office THE WORST place!? We've had this same experience multiple times there! And what a nice kid in cub scouts! I'm trying to figure out who it was...