Monday, September 28, 2009

rain gutter shelves

Hey everyone, I had a couple people ask me to post pictures of these diy shelves. I love how they keep things more organized and out of my boys reach! I've put them up in the boys room, the downstairs toy closet, and the laundry room so far. If you're interested in putting some up yourself, here's a tutorial. Here's the shelves I put in the toy closet...


Oh and one last thing, they suprisingly hold a lot of stuff in them. The two shelves pictured were only half of a gutter and they held 3 drawers (like the plastic ones in the bottom picture) that were pretty packed with things.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I've seen this and wondered how well they worked. I think they look great! Maybe I'll try them out if I ever get my own house. Good work!

Michelle said...

Very impressive, Lana! I really like these but I'm not sure where to put them. But when I do, I might come asking for help!

Sherry said...

Those shelves look great and very practical-I can't believe all you can store on them. You find the cutest ideas! Mom

Sherry said...

BTW...are all your closets so organized?!? :)

{ Lana Cox } said...

That would depend on the day mom. As of right now...most of them are organized, but the rest of my house is a complete mess, haha! I spent part of the day yesterday organizing the pantry, it REALLY needed it. A couple weeks ago I reorganized Chad and I's closet in hopes of finding some lost keys (no luck with the keys though)

lauren said...

How neat!!! Where did you hear of those? They look so handy and I can't believe they hold so much! Remind of those when I have my own house to play with...

Leslie said...

You need to stop being so organized, Lana, you're making the rest of us look bad;) When I saw these pictures I got a sudden urge to do some major organizing;) Good job!