Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Devan has been SO excited to start preschool. Every day for about the past month he'll get himself dressed, sometimes put on his backpack, and say, " ok mom, I'm ready for preschool, lets go." I have to explain to him that it's not time for preschool, and then he'll ask when he can go, and I tell him when "HE'S OLDER". Well, inbetween all of this I've been talking with some other mom's who have wanted to do a preschool and each of us take turns teaching. Today I got a call letting me know we'd start next Tuesday. I was excited to tell Devan because he's been so anxious to be in it. So I said, "Devan, guess what... you're going to start preschool next week." He thought about it for a minute and then got a big grin on his face and said, " Mom....I'M OLDER!" It was just funny how it clicked on him what I had been telling him.

Another cute thing he said was after we had both got dressed for the day we were sitting downstairs and he goes, "I like your jeans Mommy....you're a pretty mommy." haha, that boy knows how to make me smile!

Tristan has been chatting away lately, some of his favorite words are "truck" "car" "shoe" "sock" "bye" I'm always surprised at the new words he repeats back to me. He knows his body parts pretty well now and likes to practice showing me where his eyes, ears, nose, etc. are.

The other day we all went to the high school and played soccer on the field there. The boys had a lot of fun. Devan is pretty good at soccer. He also had fun running around the track.

4 comments:

lauren said...

Devan is so smart! Jake was so thrilled when you told him the other day that Devan named him as someone he loved! That'll be so fun to do the preschool. Maybe it'll make it easier for when he actually can go to kindergarten! I've heard that's a doozy...

Bree said...

Cute pictures--as usual!! :D
How fun you'll be doing a preschool with other moms!! And I love the little things Devan says, he's so dang cute!

Elaina said...

Your boys are so cute and I hope they enjoy school!!

Seth and Natalie said...

Kids are just so dang cute. It's tough for Rylee to see the bus go by and she doesn't get to be on it. Have fun on your teaching day!