Friday, March 6, 2009

Brand Spankin' New Ford F-150

Yep, you heard me right. Devan got a Ford F-150 power wheels for his birthday. He absolutely loves it. He would be outside driving it 24/7 if I would let him. He still needs to get the steering down a bit better (he runs into the house, fence, and trees alot!) It's fun to see him enjoying it so much though.


I can't believe he's 3 already. It doesn't seem like very long ago Chad and I were living in our tiny little apartment in Rexburg, waiting for this sweet boy to be a part of our lives. He seriously makes me happy every day. He has a very sweet spirit about him. Chad has been sick and today he said... Dad, are you ok? What's wrong? Do you need to go to the Doctor? He's very loving and caring like that.


I felt bad we weren't able to do more on his birthday. Chad was deathly ill and I had a scout banquet to get ready for in the morning and then had to go to that evening. Devan came along and had fun though. He's kind of mischevious and about turned out the lights in the gym in the middle of the meeting. Luckily I caught him right as he was about to! When we got home we lit the candles to his birthday cake and sang to him. He thought the candles were neat and had a fun time blowing them out.


So Devan, I hope you had a fun birthday. I'm sorry I wasn't able to do more for you. I love you more than you'll ever know and can't wait to celebrate many more with you!

Love you forever!


Mom

5 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

What a sweet ride! That's too bad that your hubby is sick, and really too bad you had to do scout things. But he did get a cool truck and cake, so that should make up for it!

My Family said...

Look at that ride!! Better watch out all the little ladies are gonna be linin up! ;) Your boys are so handsome! Happy Birthday Devan!

Jessica said...

He's adorable! And you shouldn't feel bad about his birthday at all... I'm sure he thinks you're the best mommy ever!

lauren said...

How fun! I bet he LOVES that! It'd sure be fun to watch him ride it around. I'll have to ask G&G Jones about it when they get back. I'm sure you're having a blast with them! Happy birthday Devan!

P.S.When I saw the title I thought that you guys had bought a pickup! Weren't you talkinga bout that when we came down?!

{ Lana Cox } said...

Yes, the title was a bit decieving wasn't it.