Thursday, March 12, 2009

Take a chill pill.

So I was going to Whole Foods today with Devan and Tristan to buy some things to get ready for company that we have coming. I was driving through the parking lot and saw a parking space right up front, which is always a good thing when you're hauling around two kids. I turn on my blinker and go to park when I hear "hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonk". Apparently a lady who was at a stop sign perpedicular to the spot thought it had her name written on it. Not only was she honking at me be she was throwing her arms in the air, mouthing obscenities, and acting only like a maniac would...over a parking space!!?? I could maybe see her frustration if it was a full lot and it was hard to find a spot, but there were spaces ALL over the place. Seeing that this was very important to her, I moved out and parked about a whole 10 feet away. It wasn't a big deal to me to walk a tiny bit further. So I get the kids out, go in the store, and there she is. It wasn't hard to spot her out because she still had the nasty look on her face that she had just moments before. Feeling a bit cheeky, I thought I'd confront her. I looked at her until she couldn't avoid my stare anymore and she finally made eye contact with me. I said, "Excuse me, but there was no need to be so rude back there." I think she was a bit shocked I confronted her on it because her response was, "Well, uh, ummmm, well I..." Anyway, that's about as exciting as my life got today.

13 comments:

Elaina said...

You are alot stronger than i would be I would walk passed and ignore her. I don't like confrontations at all. Only time i would do some thing like that is when i have a lot of anger built up so much i burst. Good for you!!

Michelle said...

Ha! Yeah go Lana! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow you're awesome for saying something I don't think I could have done that! Hopefully she can see how silly she acted about it and think twice next time (because you know there will probably be a next time with people like that)!
*hugs*

tphillips said...

haha...this made me laugh so hard...i love that you said something to her. She probably felt like such a dip stick and realized how dumb it was to get so mad over something so petty...at least now she will probably think twice before freaking out...way to go!

lauren said...

HAHAHA...That cracks me up that you said something! I'm never brave enough but, always wish that I would just do it! People like that who are just rude to be rude drive me crazy! Jake ALWAYS says something unless I catch him in time. That's exciting that you have company coming! Hope all goes well!

Erin said...

That's funny. People can be so crazy sometimes. Way to put her in her place! I probably would've just given her dirty looks back, he he!

Seth and Natalie said...

Ooh, you are so bad a! I'm with you parking up close with kids. I think they should make children parking spots, so you don't have as far to haul strollers, carseats, and have less of a chance to get hit by a car.

My Family said...

Some people huh!

Michelle G. said...

Good job for confronting her. I hope she saw your 2 kids. When someone beats me to a parking spot and I have the 2 kids I always think in my mind, "someday when I'm all alone at home I'll park far away so I can give up my spot for somebody who really needs it". But nobody else thinks like that. Just as you give up your spot to try to be nice, some pot-belly hick pulls in so he can go get his beer and get back to the TV.

I love the spots at HEB that say "customer with child"! Thank you, HEB!

Stewart Family said...

How funny. I would have loved to see the look on her face.

Jessica said...

Good for you! And we're super jealous of your amazing winnings!

I remember that you have a Thomas the train lover in your house so if you go to my blog there's a coupon for a free train. Hurry because the coupon is only good in stores 3/21-3/22!

The McClellan Family said...

Oh my heck!~ (I know that's so Idaho) but I totally understand! parking in seattle is a matter of life and death! It's ridiculous! Oh, I love that you confronted her! Hopefully she will think twice before acting like an idiot. I need to not be so afraid of confrontation! I voted for Tristan! Yay for his win! He's such a cutie!

Laura and Brandon said...

Oh, Lana! I can't believe you didn't pull the ol' "oh, did you want this parking space? You can have it when I get back" line like you did a few years back with those girls at the Grand Teton Mall in IF. I guess you've really grown & matured. Gotta set a good example for the kiddies, right?