Monday, March 30, 2009

South Korea's got Seoul :-)

Jess takes off for Seoul today! He is such an awesome brother and I know he's going to do great on his mission. He is honestly one of the hardest working people I know and he is so easy to get along with. I'm pretty proud of my little bro! I have to admit, I was pretty sad today thinking of him being so far away, but happy for him as well.

Other things going on here in our little part of the world...
Devan made it through a whole Sacrament meeting!!! In the past we've had to take him out a number of times because he would misbehave, but he did so good this last Sunday. It may sound like a small thing, but it's a BIG thing to me to not have to be so uptight the whole meeting. The only time he left was because he had to go potty :)

And speaking of going potty...
Devan is doing so good with his potty training. There was a time when I thought he would NEVER be potty trained, but he is doing amazing now. He wears underwear all day, with the exception if we're are going to be out for a long time (I'd rather not have accidents in the middle of a store, been there done that!) And of course there is still the night, when he's sleeping, which I'm not even making an attempt on for now.

And then there's Tristan...
He's grown up so fast lately. I love this little cuddlebug. I'm kind of biased cuz I'm his mom, but I just think he is one of the handsomest babies ever. We've been jogging to the park about every day since the weather's so nice and he's gotten the best tan with his olive skin. He's much darker than me! He likes to be a big boy and lift the heaviest things he can and move them around. He also likes to do whatever the big kids are doing and is pretty fearless. He climbed the ladder all by himself up to the clubhouse at the park!

I've really loved our routine with the park lately...
Almost every day we pack our lunch and my camera, load the kids up into the jogging stroller, go on a jog, ending at the park, eat our lunch, and play. It's so much fun. The boys love it and Devan won't let me get away with not doing my exercizes anymore because he wants to go to the park. He'll say, "Mom, lets go on a little jog :)" So we go and the boys completely wear themselves out and take a huge nap when we get home. I LOVE IT!

5 comments:

Bree said...

So much to comment about...I can't believe Jess is on his way to Korea either!! But we are so proud of him!! Yay for Devan staying thru church and doing so well with potty training!! I'm taking another stab at it with Avri (I just posted about it...) I WISH we had nice enough weather to go to the park everyday!!!! We had a couple nice days a week or so ago, but did you hear we got a couple inches of snow yesterday?!?!? BLAH! I'd love to see Tristan trying to pick up heavy stuff--what a stud!! :) Well you'll have to post some pics of your park adventures!!

Seth and Natalie said...

I love brothers on missions, it's just nice to know you have a missionary out. I am with you on the sitting through sacrament thing, so congrats on making it through a meeting! I'll switch you places right now, we have TONS of cold weather here, and when I go outside I get an immediate windburn. And last but not least, hurray for potty trained!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

I wish it was warm enough to go to the park here!! You know Idaho though...it just may be too cold in July!!! I can't wait unitl Aiden makes it all the way through church...quietly!!

tphillips said...

OK so...going through a whole scarament meeting is HUGE...Im jealous...still not there with Ethan yet! I wish I was as motivated was you to go for a jog AND chase after the kids at the park...I think I could only do one or the other...or I would be the one who needed the LONG nap :)

Elaina said...

Your kids sound so cute! Devan is potty training good for him. Tryied to potty train my son but he's not quite ready for it yet. Tried it for a few days and now he's rejecting it. So I will try later on. Congrats to Jess for going on his mission. Very cool! It would be nice for the weather to warm up a bit so we can go to the park. In one day it was sunny, soft snowflakes, hail, and rain. Crazy weather here. Now it snowed last night and it's cold again.
Good job Tristan what a big boy.